Saturday, September 22, 2007

lately

This week i've been mostly studying for the Mac exams, to prep ma'seff for 2 weeks at The Mothership in Cupertino. I didn't take many pictures, and really spent most of my time sitting right here at the computer reading and learning and testing and reading and learning and testing. I did get outside from time to time and was conscious of the pictures I wasn't taking, a few times thought I would really like to take a picture, but had deliberately left my camera at home. I don't know if that made me feel like I was "resetting" my defaults or not, but it was interesting to not just whip out a camera all day long. I don't prefer to not take pictures, but wanted to see how I would get along if I didn't.

It was okay. I lived. Tomorrow I head to Cupertino for two weeks of training at the Apple Headquarters, and I'm hoping I'll have the opportunity to take a few pictures while i'm down there, but i'm pretty sure most of my time and energy will be devoted to passing the tests and learning what I need to know.

Just wanted to drop in and let you know that I'm still here, just have some other things on the front burners for a minute. I don't know if I mentioned this before, but recently I went through the archives looking for broken links and missing scrollers, etc. and I did find a few, so i've fixed most (hopefully all) of those, and welcome you to poke around in the archives for old time's sake. When I get back from the southbay, or if I have an opportunity to update from down there, I'll get the latest pix up here, and i'm looking forward to getting some new stuff up there for ya'll.

Until the next time,

be good to each other, play nice, and wish me luck!

good times,

dTown | listening to the wurr of my PPC G5 | overcast and warm

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck sweetie!

You REALLY need to start your own stock agenct for REALS...you have all these great images...sell them!

Tiffany

10:41 AM  
Blogger Toddc said...

Good luck in your studies, DTown!

Question: What's the most awesomeness beach on Point Reyes? Kehoe? McClure?

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so close-but missed you! sitting in front of your bldg-now I know you're testing. good luck.

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, mac man, how about d'em apples?

3:36 AM  
Blogger danconnortown said...

toddc, I really like McClure's just because it's so rough, and it's got them elk all over the place. It also is kind of a point, so you can look back over the other side and see Tomales Bay in the background. The trade is, to get to the really cool beaches, you'll have to hike down a fairly unbeaten path, and it's kind of cliffy. As far as easy to get to, Limantour is really beautiful and it's pretty close by. Kehoe is really beautiful, and Dylan Beach looks like something out of a dream, it's on a curved point, so you're protected from the wind a little bit, but you won't see the sunset on the water from there. You really can't go wrong, but as to which is the most beautiful of all the beaches along Point Reyes, i'd like to see a few more. I've heard that 10 Mile Beach is amazing, and it's on my list to see next.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Toddc said...

Thanks, Dan. Seems like I really can't take a wrong turn when trying to find a beautiful beach. By Dylan beach you mean Drakes, right?

7:32 AM  
Blogger danconnortown said...

yea. I think i do mean drakes. it's the one from back when there was a pork chop on the front page of the site. but cooler sans-fog.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

< Home