Monday, July 23, 2007

chelada

Today feels like maybe I got a cold or something. Not a cold, but like, the flu? na. You can't get the flu in the summer. It's something though. I got it. But that's cool. I don't get run down too much any more so you know, I'll take it to the beach, and maybe that'll bring me back in line.

The other day I was lying in the park looking over at bum hill like I do before the church bells ring in the old mission, and I noticed this little bee hanging out on my flip-flop. Now, the thing about bees is, I'm not really into them so much, but I don't go out of my way to kill 'em either. They tend to hang around the dandelions while i'm laying in the grass, so we have this kind of "I won't fuck with you, so long as you don't fuck with me" thing going. Bees for the most part are pretty good like that. They're mostly just interested in the flowers anyway. So this bee, he's kind of hanging out on my flip flop, and I can't really figure out what's so special about it. And he's not moving too fast, so I figure, well. I'm not in too much of a hurry anyway. Whenever he gets around to buzzing off, I'll head back. But the thing is, he's not really in a hurry either. Just hanging out on my flip flop. So I took a few pictures of him, and I was trying to figure out if maybe he was broken, or tired, or maybe getting drunk off the foot bed of my flop. What do I know about it? But he's pretty content just chilling there and I can't make heads or tails of it.

Well after a while, he migrates to my towel in the grass, which you know, I don't mind so long as he doesn't sting me or anything, though I think there was a bee that stung me earlier that day, stung me right on the pinky toe. I don't like to get stung on any toe, but the pinky toe is you know. Well. it takes the fun out of laying in the grass with your flip flops off, is what i'm trying to say, but I had forgotten about that until just now, so it wasn't like some big deal or anything.

Long story short. He hobbled around on my towel for a while, and didn't seem to be in any hurry to get off the towel either. So what I did was, i picked up the towel, gently and gave it a little shake toward the baseball fields. Now, I can't say that I saw him fly away, but I can't say I saw him just fall into the grass either. So I packed up my stuff, put on my flops and went on home.

Tonight I downloaded the pix, and remembered that little bee. And when i'm looking at the pictures, it looks like his wings were kind of bummed. But he also appeared to have a fine stinger still intact. So I don't know what to tell you there.

Also discovered this great new product. The Chelada. You're not going to see those in a lot of places, but Brad says we have 'em here in California, and some folks have them down in Texas. It's a Budweiser mixed with Clamato. What a GREAT idea! I had to buy it the moment I saw it. It's GENIUS. So I went looking around on the internet, starting of course at Budweiser dot com, and son of a bitch if it isn't their dirty little secret. I can't find a link that isn't some dork-blog or somebody ripping on it, but here's what I can say. It's great. I mean, you probably don't want to make it your only beer in the fridge, but I mean, it's a great one to have in there. If you like bloody marys you'll appreciate it. I didn't get a chance to put some scrimps in it, or any other spices, but I could see it being a beer you might like to fine tune yourself. It's amazing to me that with 20 or more pages of results from Google that I can't just get the straight poop on that product from the horse's mouth (so to speak, you know, because budweiser does that whole, Clydesdale thing.) I'm not exactly sure what "certified color" is, but i'm sure it can't be worse for me than say, using a cellphone.

Anyway I've discovered some sort of problem with the archives today, I see that june and july 2007 are getting munched together somehow. I'll look into it over the next few days and see if I can get it back together, but the good news is, all the pictures are there at least.

So in the meantime, be kind to animals, try new things and enjoy the remains of your summer.

Good Times,

dTown | drinking tea | listening to Soma FM

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

what about that bud + caffeine drink? comes in a black can.

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i knew you would be drinking that weird shit. i bet it makes your mouth funny.
love littlebean

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

< Home