Tuesday, November 20, 2007

yeah yeah yeah...

so you're all like, "what the fucksup dTown? how come you don't just update your site?!" and i'm like, "yeah yeah, sounds great. Let's do lunch."

ha. but so here's what's been going on. Not a whole lot of taking pictures in the way I used to be taking them all the time anyway, but i mean, i still take 'em. I've just somehow got myself busy again, and with other things I guess. But that's fine. It's an ebb and flow kind of thing. My heart is still in the right place. (nestled within the ol' rib cage) but I haven't been worrying about making sure the batteries in the camera were charged or even if the camera comes out of the bag. it's not a negative thing, it's just a "period of non-work" or rather, maybe it's a period of "working on something else". I say that only because when i finally sat down to work on an edit tonight, and was thinking of the last time i'd done that, i guess mentally i was prepared to see myself with a 300 or 400 image update on my hands, but that wasn't the case. Maybe i'm slowing down. Maybe i've seen what i need to see. I can't really be sure.

Here's what I'll say, there's some new york in there, there's some california in there. On the day where you see the fog, you know from the windshield of my car? that's the day that that dude crashed that boat into that bridge and dumped all the fuel oil into the bay. I don't think it makes the news really, so maybe you didn't hear about it, but a guy drove a pretty big boat into a bridge out here, and tore a whole in his boat, and then dumped like 60,000 gallons of fuel oil into the bay, and it's causing quite a ruckus. Last I heard, they were going to get The Department of Homeland Security on it. ( you know, because they're so effective. I mean, when's the last time you got on a plane without having to take off your shoes? How about the last time you brought a tube of toothpaste on a plane? ) So you can see, it's the right thing to do.

What else. A retired baseball player got on the front page.

And my friend chris got married. That's actually big news, but I didn't want to make an update all about you know, "wedding photos" because that's not what's really going on twentyfourseven. It's just a moment in there, which I will admit was a pretty good moment. Ha, i tell you what, there were a few good moments in there.

If i didn't see you when I was in New York, don't worry. You're not alone. I was in and out of there, and to be honest glad to be back here where it's sunny and warm. I mean, don't get me wrong. It was great to see the city, but i can say i wasn't yearning for it when it came time to leave.

What else? Oh i don't know. Maybe even the blog needs a shift in gears. it's just like yak yak yak, but for what?

ah, the good times.

_dTown

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

its more like, 'blah blah, i love life, blah blah, what the hell is wrong with you? blah blah blah, beauty is everywhere, blah blah, why don't you get off your ass and join me?'

9:13 PM  
Blogger Lorna Wren said...

blog, blog, blog....

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, ... took a plane went to NY dumped co2 all over the place in the sky so I could get drunk, glad to be back, fuck it all.

12:19 AM  
Blogger danconnortown said...

ha ha! Awesome.

2:31 AM  
Blogger Toddc said...

Nice to see you back in the game again, Dtown. Sorry we didn't hook up in SF -- would have been fun. Our trip was a good combination of city fun and lovely Point Reyes.

7:30 PM  
Blogger danconnortown said...

todd, i'm positive we're gonna cross paths before bush leaves office. Let's drink to that.

good times,

dTown

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is alive.........

7:07 AM  
Blogger Toddc said...

Happy Holidays, Dtown! Christmas is upon us.. and it's looking like it here in the Great White North.

Cheers!

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where you been duke.

1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where the dtown xmas update? Old connor on vacation or what?

11:54 PM  
Blogger IF THE BIRDS KNEW said...

HI pal you have been tagged check the blog for info I LOVE YOU!

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Dan, I don't know if your there or not but I went ahead and bought a pro book mac along with final cut old buddy.

Sorta thanks to you...

Only, I'm sorta lost being I was a PC guy up till now

11:44 PM  
Blogger Toddc said...

Memories.. fading.. where's the return of Dtown?

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

< Home