Friday, March 30, 2007

mission accomplished

A lot of people had serious doubts about this car, and my rump making it to California together, and there was (maybe) one moment when i began to feel they might be right. In the end, it was me who was right, and there is nothing more satisfying than being right about California. It's everything that i want it to be, and the car seems to love it here too. This morning we did the DMV Dance, and got the new plates, traded in my old NY license for the new California one, and I am settling into the new digs. There are tons of photos to edit, but at the moment i don't have a desk or chair to work from, and it's not especially comfortable to lie on the floor and weed through all the photos, (that incidentally is not a complaint. It's just a statement, about comfort when editing photos, hundreds of photos...) I noticed a comment that I have to assume comes from FRANCE, about how the site will change content-wise, now that i'm no longer in NYC. YES. that's true. It sure as hell will. It's beautiful here, and it would be difficult (and stupid) to mask that. Every day is a happy day, and sure, there aren't heaps of dead umbrellas around... That's fine with me. And i think once i'm up and rolling you'll agree too. There's nothing wrong with things that look nice, and are clean, and that punk kids haven't come and fucked up with spray paint and markers just because they're bored. Trust me, it's all going to be fine.

Now, for some REAL mexican food.

Love, and misses.

dTown | listening to Cap'n Jazz "Hey Ma, Do I Hafta Choke on These?"

4 Comments:

Blogger IF THE BIRDS KNEW said...

wait 4 me, baby! i'm comin' too...

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, the asshole posted was a Frenchy, jealous of how you can just go from on end of the country to another and not loose his feathers is all.

I'm glad your happy Dan.

Cheers

cdubya

4:28 AM  
Blogger IF THE BIRDS KNEW said...

that was finn before now it's me. WE MISS YOU hoping my hubby doesn't get too east coast freak out on me and Lala cam spend her old age in cali running crazy in the park.

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan,
glad to see the olds made it to Cali. I knew it would!! warm regards,Mark

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

< Home