Sunday, July 29, 2007

summerflu

Yo, I'm pretty hopped up on the NyQuil over here, it's about 6 in the morning on Sunday and my first or second or third, i forget which, cycle of NyQuil vs. DayQuil has run its course so here I am. Not much to report other than I'm pretty bored of feeling like i've got the flu in the middle of July, and not much else to report.

I woke up from one of those NyQuil dreams, you know where your head is still spinning and your eyes are crusted shut like in the cartoons where the sandman comes and dumps a whole bag of sand on your eyes, and in my dream I had this strange camera set up. If you're a photographer you might be able to follow along and if you're not, don't worry too much about it, its more about The Vibe than the details. So in the dream there were all these people around, it was a mish-mash of NYC peeps and NorCal peeps, there was some celebrity and some every day folk as well and a fair smattering of hipsters too. I had this camera which was basically my Canon point and shoot (a640) with a stroboframe and a Nikon SB26 strobe on it, using an SC-17 coil cord. The point is that I was using it to shoot through an old Retina twin lens camera with a broken waist level finder, and the strobo-frame had a rotating ball head that allowed me to point the strobe where ever I wanted. So I had the retina on a strap around my neck, and I would point the lens of the canon through the viewfinder on the retina and then jack the flash in whichever direction i needed, and somehow I was supposed to get these sort of old school looking retina style photos, which of course in the dream was really more about

(EDITORS NOTE: I WILL SAY THAT IN THE HOWEVER MANY YEARS I HAVE BEEN WRITING IN A BLOG, THAT THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A SINGLE TIME THAT I DIDN'T INTEND TO USE ITALICS WHEN I WOULD PRESS COMMAND+I AND EXPECT TO SEE ITALICS. I WILL FURTHER STATE THAT THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A TIME SINCE USING BLOGGER THAT PRESSING COMMAND+I ONLY BRINGS FORWARD THE "PAGE INFO" WINDOW WHICH AT NO TIME IN HISTORY HAS PISSED ME OFF MORE OR LESS THAN THE VERY FIRST TIME IT HAPPENED. I WILL ALSO STATE THAT IT IS SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT IRRITATE ME IN A MILD WAY, IT IS SOMETHING THAT IRRITATES ME IN A WAY THAT GOES BEYOND MILD BECAUSE IT CONSISTENTLY JACKS MY FLOW WHEN I'M TRYING TO TYPE, AND IF MY INTENT IS TO JUST SWITCH TO ITALICS, I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO STOP TYPING, TO MOUSE UP TO THE "ITALICS" BUTTON AND THEN MOUSE BACK TO WHERE EVER I LEFT OFF TO CONTINUE TYPING, AND IF I REALIZE THAT I HAVE MADE THE MISTAKE, I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO WAIT FOR FIREFOX OR WHICHEVER BROWSER I AM TYPING WITHIN, TO "POP" THE PAGE INFO WINDOW BEFORE GETTING BACK TO MY ORIGINAL INTENT, WHICH I WILL STATE AGAIN WAS (BOLD) NOT TO LOOK AT THE PAGE INFO WINDOW(UNBOLD) BUT TO JUST SIMPLY ITALICIZE A VERY SMALL POINT WITHIN A STATEMENT)

the process than it was about trying to get pictures quickly or anything like that. Well in the circles of people were that guy Paul, from Interpol, and NO, DJ Aoki was NOT there. But that kid Scott Parsley was there, and there were a bunch of really hot LES style chicks in the cool clothes and it was like a party on the grass somewhere, and there was some sort of NeoBohemian event taking place that lent itself to you know, making good photos and stuff. It was a fun dream, and I was enjoying making pictures there even though the whole camera thing wasn't really doing what I wanted it to do, and now between the NyQuil™ and that incident that just occurred while i was trying to italicize something i've lost my train of thought. So i'm just going to wrap it up and lay it down.

You'll see some pix on this morning's update where ol' Swonetz was up from San Diego, we went out to Drake's Beach, that was good times. Had some Chelada, and hiked around some. Caught a beautiful sunset above the cloudline from up on Bolinas Ridge out between Fairfax and Bolinas. It's moments like that when I know that I moved to the right place. Sure, sometimes I wonder you know, "dTown, are you sure you were done with the New York thing?" and then I'll see a sunsetting above the clouds, and I'll know, "um. yea dan. You were done with that." Also, I saw a minty Ranchero. I'm not a huge fan of the Ranchero myself, but I have an incredible respect for any one who keeps a car that is so unusual in the flossy minty fresh state, such as you will see.

welp. I'm back to bed with some tea, some wildflower honey, and a snowsuit.

happy sunday.

dTown | listening to the whirr of a PPC G5 | 57˚ and the sun's a comin'.

4 Comments:

Blogger IF THE BIRDS KNEW said...

feel better we missed you. Pat Kiley Kiernan Addie Finian Nadia & marei (otto's mom) all had a picnic at the pier yesterday and missed you xoxooxox

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You probably don't remember me but who cares anyways. The point is, the discription of the technical prowness is overwhelming.

I get the image of you with cords and straps attached her and there with a stobe thing swirling around your head as you snap way.

Keep it up, at lest your living life dude

6:54 AM  
Blogger danconnortown said...

ha ha. at least i'm living life. you got that one right. thanks anon!

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not anon but old wisla

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

< Home